more on stephy

I thought our story will be like those of Bart Kwan and his dog or Marley and Me or Hachiko or any dog stories…but ours was very different.
Ever since I was in high school, I regarded stephy as a celebrity dog. I would brag a lot about Stephy as if she was a human being even after 12 years.
Now that she finally chose to have her longest sleep and probably this is the last time that I can brag so much about her, let me share more of Stephy.
1.       She was a gift. Mama and papa never bought stephy after our first dog, a Japanese spitz went awol. Stephy is still the best gift up to date. We both have a dog and a human-size HUGGABLE teddy bear.
2.       She was very small. She died with 38 inches (not really updated) waistline but she used to be as small as a one liter coke. When she was a pup, we would look for her and she always stayed at the bottom of the fridge.
3.       She thinks she’s small. I remember just this year,  I tried to walk her and at the sidewalk there was a high elevation. I was surprised she jumped.  I was not sure if I had to laugh at her of pity her. Also with our sofa, there’s a hole stephy used to fit when she was little. Until the very last, she forces herself to fit.
4.       Stephy loves it when you lay your legs on her.
5.       Stephy has her own catch game. You throw the ball then you play tug of war to get the ball.
6.       Stephy never bites people. Never .
7.       Stephy hates grapes.
8.       Stephy loves to play throw with food.
9.       Stephy is a clean eater and I mean clean plate!
10.   Stephy is very very very camera shy. After 12 amazing years, we only had two decent pictures together.
11.   Stephy has long nails because she does not dig.
12.   Stephy know her boundaries. She knows she is not allowed to go in the rooms.
13.   She knows how to ask permission. She’ll stop at her boundary then looks at you intently in the eyes.
14.   Stephy never steals food. Even if you place food near her, she won’t get it unless you imply it’s hers.
15.   Stephy can be very stubborn.
16.   Stepy is good to strangers. I think she even likes visitors.
17.   Stephy made her own bathroom in the yard. She has good hygiene. lol
18.   She was a very good dog. I wished she was not so that I won’t miss her much.
19.   She never gets mad at me when I leave. Whenever I leave she just stares at me but when I’m back, she’s the first one to greet me! She always knew that I was going back.
20.   She would always be with me. The moment I arrive home, she follows me. She waits for me downstairs after I get fixed. She waits at the bathroom door whenever I have to go to the bathroom. She’s under the table until later hour until I finished studying. She would wait for me all the time….not just this time.
21.    She was the best of the best friend, my confidant. When world seemed to turned its back from me, she stayed. She always knew whenever I feel down and insist on sitting beside me. She was and will forever be a great part of my life!
22.    She is and will always be family!

Stephy Weppy Shicapadoodle,
I will miss you a lot! I am beyond sorry for not being there.
I love you, Stephy.


Comments