My heart belongs to MATI

Sa MATI ko siya natagpuan.....
I met him in Mati.
It was God's perfect timing that Glevee and I were not able to fly that Sunday....

...the story...
Very early in the morning Glevee and I were set for a three hour ride to Mati. When we arrived kuya-i-forgot-his name brought us to the airport.
The Mati airport was for the Marcos but it was closed then years after it was reopened for recreational flying. This I learned from kuya buddy, one of the mechanics in Mindanao Saga Flying club.
Also, you have to have a reservation before flying.
We met kuya tico, the captain and told us that we can't fly that day and suggested we go back the next day.
Glevee and I decided to stay in Mati. kuya motor driver brought us to Amihan, the beach resort for surfing. I fell in love with the beach that moment. The feeling of seeing people surfing, some even flying was exhilirating! While we were walking by the seashore, Lim approached us with tito Harry and suggested we stay in surfer's village. The place was great and very ideal for surfers but we especially me was skeptic because most dwellers in Mati are men! I used to be a man-hater btw.
Glevee and I stayed in surfer's village then went to one of their malls. we slept the whole afternoon and that night we made sure not to go out. again, i was skeptic. We chikka the whole night and slept. Ugh, the sound of the waves of the Pacific Ocean is lolooooove.
Early morning and Glevee sent a text to kuya tico. He was already waiting for us. Btw, they had a Christmas part that Sunday afternoon.
Going to the club, Glevee saw him. I saw him but did not mind. I was too excited to fly and surf. My attention was on pure adventure.
Kuya Tico was the pilot. After I rode, it was Glevee's turn. I stayed in the Golf cart while I chikka with kuya wendell and kuya buddy. They were fun then Gino came. The rest of the story is a secret. hihihi. Overall, the mindanao saga flying club were all gentlemen and the experience was really enjoyable but for an adventure seeker like, the flying experience was really safe, no near to death experience. I suggest everybody to try it except those with heart problems. I was not afraid btw. I was amazed by the beauty of the place especially when kuya tico flew to the sea area.

Now, back to the hostel. I was determined to surf but we ate breakfast first. Tito harry, the owner of the place cook us breakfast. Then I went surfing with Jibjib, Denden, Lim and Mark. Aw. THESE BOYS ARE SO CUTE. Mark, the eldest has this typical surfer look and he taught me how to surf.
At first I was scared but when I was on the board, I forgot I was on water. It was heaven for me even if the waves hit us so many times. I seldom fell ( I think) but most of the time I kneel on the board because the waves were near the shore. Mark forgot to tell me to get out of the board five meters from the shore hahaha. Anyway , surfing is love. While we were waiting for the waves, Mark and I chikka and there was a time that we enjoyed chikka we forgot to surf. haha. He is a very deep person and his life is on board, skateboard and surf board.
I will never forget the feeling of being underwater. Btw, you can not touch the ground with your feet. There are big stones though. Mark was also impressed of how fast I can paddle and control my board. While waiting for the waves, I also met some foreigners like Posiedon and the american I did ask his name hahaha.
Then back to the resort. We played with the boys some cards and joked around while we waited for the motor to bring us to the bus station. Btw, I brought my own board back to the resort. hihihi.
It was really bittersweet leaving especially when all of them do not want you to leave and you get so ATTACHED.

That was Mati. I  can not express how risky the whole trip was but I am beyond glad we took that risk. I will be back to Mati. I will surf again in Mati.

Back to Tagum. We went to yuyu and met with Elle and Mark, glevee's highschool friends, and Bryle came too. Then we went to the plaza and suroy suroy then to the Big 8 hotel for some chill night before I leave for Iloilo. It was fun especially that we played charades. I like it when friends become friends.

Oh! Davao, your people makes you more unforgettable!
I will be back for the third time...for the nth time...like it was my first!
SO MUCH LOVE DAVAO!
DAGHANG SALAMAT!

---pictures soon---

Comments