One of the boys.

I was ignorant. Then I was in denial until I saw the signs.
It was mama who straight up to me and said “abi nila guro lalaki ka.” (They probably think you're a boy.)
Don't expect me to confess that I'm a lesbian or a bi because I am not! I am somehow afraid of them.
It even took me years to accept my gay friends. See, papa doesn't like gay people and I'm like papa in a lot of ways.
Anyway, now that's all settled, after mama told that to me it lets me think of what were the scenarios and the pros and cons of having more than half of your friends as boys.
For the backgrround, I have an elder brother, lately we've been closer than usual! I'm happy about it! Also, I have lots of friends who are boys from every group I've probably been. I am not one of thos girls who proudly proclaims that she's boyish. As I've been saying, it took me a while to recognize such scenario.
So here are the cons of being one of the boys.
  1. They physically hurt you.
    I don't mean a simple spank but for boys, it means a punch or even letting you trip or whipping you or hitting you with an object! Sometimes, it leaves a bruise! Unlike girls though, they won't bite you! My boy friends (take note of the gap) would often do such if they bored or for the sake of fun! You have to be a sports to fight back!
  2. They may leave you.
    Sometimes, they forget you're a girl! Like when you jog, they go first or you go first then forget you have a companion during jogging but at the end of the day, you find each other! Also, some pass by a lot of stalls and it's even awkward when they meet another friend or a part of their family.
  3. They go to your house anytime of the day/ night.
    This probably has been one of the things my parents find very surprising. They'll text you and say they're outside already at 12:04 midnight when all the gates are closed! Plus, it's papa who's been watching TV late! Trying to think like a romeo juliet scenario but this one's different it's like they're waiting for a project X to happen!
  4. They think you have the answer to almost all girl problems.
    They'll chat you. They'll go to you or sometimes call you just to have answers! Everytime this happen I feel so pressured because my answers would affect them so much! Especially when a situation ir irrelatable, I feel like jumping off a cliff!
  5. They always insult you.
    OH BOY! I never received a compliment from them! They can be so random like in the church, they'll say your armpit's wet or you know you loss a lot of weight but they'll say fat and find other flaws in you or when you do something and they will always say you're slow. In other words, you often get underestimated!
  6. The drama is way more complicated.
    It's a lie! Whoever said hanging out with boys means less drama is a hypocrite! The boys' drama are way more complicated! Girls may often talk about boys or other girls or their insecurites but for boys, when there's a conflict, the subject means so much for them, it's like they can't live with out it! When you hurt a boy, you know you've placed so much pain in their soul which connects to the next point.
  7. They are stubborn and highly sensitive.
    THEY CAN BE EFFIN STUBBORN! When they don't want to, they won't! End of story! Sometimes, they'll fool you and say “Cge b, e persuade ko” but they already know the answer! Plus if you joke them back or prank them, they can be highly sensitive! They're unpredictable!

Now for the pros
  1. They will always accompany you home.
    No matter what time it is or where you are, they will always, always accompany you!
  2. They will always protect you.
    Take it from a very noisy dog or from crossing a street or offering a chair, there is always a gentelmen in them! They may sometimes deny but they will always care for you! They are very observant! One time, I was surprised by a gift for my birthday and they actually are great gift givers!
  3. They are very honest to you.
    Whatever! They don't want an awkward situation so if honesty is the answer, they'll do such! When asked about their opinion, you can tell their smiles, there are no running around the bushes!
  4. You could be so effin comfortable.
    You could talk about anything or do anything without being judge! You can go to places! They can go your house anytime or yours to them not thinking if the comfort room's okay or if the glasses are perfectly clean!
  5. There are no insecurities.
    Probably because you're in a different world but boys don't often say “He has great this I want this.” They'll be “He has great this...” then evaluates and sometimes end up making fun of it!
  6. They are sincere when they are sorry.
    In my 20 years of existence, I have seen how SORRY is very important to them! The problem is, they don't know the way to sorry but they know they are! It's one of the words that are very special to them!
  7. The treatment of your parents are better.
    Your parents would allow you to go anywhere sometimes force you like for night outs or going home late. They don't mind because they know you have tons of brothers out there! Plus whenever a handsome guy appears, your parents would smile because they trust you about boys!
  8. You've got to learn so much more.
    Being with them, you've got to learn new linggos! They don't talk about girls 24/7. They are so random and can be very gross! Each of them are so different and you shouldn't really judge a book by it's cover because in every boy friend is a different person! That's what I like, they are so diverse!
  9. There is always FUN!
    Nuff said! Whatever it is, there will always be FUN!


These are from my experiences but don't get me wrong, I love my girlies! It's always nice that there is a balance! :)

Comments