The 5-year goal

I submitted my second draft for thesis proposal! It's not much of a biggie but at least it's a stepping stone! Finally got the flow but details are lacking. One step at a time.

To anyone reading this, remember to EXERCISE. Been doing some dance workouts lately and controlling my food. Finally settled matters with my body. My body loves me and I should love my body. Ever since, my body always sends signals that I can not be extremely fat. I am my unusual self when I am very fat. That is why I danced again. It's fun! Being healthy is being happy!

Anyway, with the situation of the world right now, I have been on video chats with friends and family. We have our DAILY rosary video chat at 8pm, bigbig sometimes call/ video chat at night/ midnight, I sometimes video chat the LKM girls if their internet connection cooperates. Of courses, the beaches also video chat especially during Irwin's birthday. College friends video chat too and one time we had a video chat with maam MJ, our chemistry lab teacher before. So Dr. MJ is now in the US. As a doctorate holder, she works in Merck. Anyway, that's when she told us to focus on a five year goal.

Probably the part where it is called FIVE is so that we don't get too anxious. Time is very valuable and if you give yourself a 10 or 20 year plan, it may get overwhelming.
Also, I have been watching sex and the city both the series and movie. I like Sarah Jessica Parker. I consider her my model. She has goals. She is a professional. She is independent. She is fun. She is smart but also daring and a little kinky. Just enough of everything. 

That is why I figured, it does not hurt to have goals no matter how much of a failure you feel right now. Anyway, I also changed my wallpaper into skyscrapers. It reminded me of what I want. I remember having a picture by a park looking at skyscrapers and my goal then was to own a sandwich company. Then as I watched sex and the city, I still want those skyscraper goals. Probably one day when things get better, I get to live in New York and be their city engineer officer for wastewater. 

Anyway here is the five year goal (I will be 31 by then)
1. Finish and get that MS in Chemical Engineering degree
2. Get a work (wastewater or environment in DuPont)
3. Buy an English bulldog and name her Bacon
4. Slowly settle down
5. Learn how to drive again and buy a car.

Working on that number 1 goal right now. We'll get one goal at a time. 

Comments