January 31, 2017


Funny how time passes.
My last blog post was September, way back when I was so unsure of myself and everything felt so misplaced.   Looking back, I can not be more than grateful for everything that has happened! I am a licensed chemical engineer now! I am beyoooond grateful for everything! Grateful that I passed, grateful that I was able to come home after. Grateful for my family and friends. Though being an engineer is still just a name card, everything felt quite unbelievable. I mean, am I really a chemical engineer? what used to be just a very far off label is real but then again whatever is written becomes a reality.
So right now I am back in Manila…in Makati. I know I told myself that I don’t want to work here but I thought again that the reasons were so petty. I did not want to work here because life is just pure about work when here…people seemed to be stress, I may miss my dogs a lot plus who will look after mama and papa but after several days and chatting with erma and making my life pattern, everything changed. I have a dream. I have goals and I will get there no matter what. It takes a lot of understanding and to be understood but I will be days closer to achieving those goals.
I am at the sixth floor. The area where I often used to study for the board exam but don’t get me wrong, I study at different places…first was starbucks nearby where I get to study when money allows or when I was really desparate to study and not fall asleep. I was very productive when studying in starbucks! I even became friends with the baristas there. It’s my first go to place. Next is also starbucks in Rockwell. I only go there when manang jill goes there. I like the area upstairs. It feels like a library. What I like most about studying in both starbucks is there are a lot of you studying and people don’t judge you. you can study there for hours without people giving you the look and the baristas are always welcoming. Of course the people there are very sensitive. Each knows their limit of when to leave, when to give a chair, when to give other customers their dues. Plus since many are studying you get to be pressured to study as well. Of course there are people talking and I like how it taught me to control my environment like if people talk it taught me to focus as if there was a force field around.
Next is coffee bean, just below the condo. I usually go there at night like around 7pm. I like how lighted the area is but it is more noisy than starbucks. I like it most when there’s vacant seat at the second floor. I go there at night because there are less people like the whole area is so lit up and there are just few of you. Their drinks are more pricey than starbucks though. I also go there when I am too lazy to cross the street for starbucks
Next is the Tous Le Jours. It’s like a fancy bakeshop but it seems more like a café. I love their pastry and bread but not the drinks. ugh. I like it more because it’s Korean. lol. I know the name is no Korean but trust me it is. I only went there for less than five times. If even given a chance, I would go there often but the people, the work people there are not as accommodating or welcoming. I mean it feels like they look at you and as long as you have the food, then you’re fine. I honestly like the ambiance there for a morning or afternoon study.
Next is this, the sixth floor. I used to study in tower C sixth floor because tower B seemed inconvenient and the tower B to A (this area) was not yet available. It was difficult there because the set up is meant for socializing with coffee tables and high chairs. Lots of people go there. I used to go there when I needed wifi and a free study area. I go there usually early afternoon because there are few people. Then the sixth floor in tower B. I go there late at night. I occupy one chair as if it was a crib. There is also one guy who studies there but we don’t really communicate. Last is this area. The sixth floor at the connection of tower B and A. It was very timely. It did not use to have any chairs of table but around a month of being here, it opened so you can say I am a pioneer hahaha. It has vending machines too. The area is so convenient for studying but sometimes I fall asleep. I often go here because it is free.
Oh these areas play a vital role to my title and I am more than grateful to have been there though at times it is quite costly.
Now, I am off to finish my articles for buzzfeed. They have been pending for months!


Comments