JET SETTERS

OVERWHELMED! BEYOND OVERWHELMED!

READY! JET SE

This is the type of story I am beyond proud to tell my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren and so on in the future!
Never had I imagined these things will happen! From the first second to the last, never a dull moment!
And I can never be thankful enough for the greatest companions/ travel buddies ever: Kim, Lore, Glevee and Kristy! This is a start of something new!
Of course, expect this to b e very long!
It all started with kim and lore jokingly asking me to go to CDO then just a text from mama, it was a yes! All thanks mom and I had a fight and she can probably see I was struggling in school! hahaha! Anyway, less than a month to save for pocket money. Mom said she would sponsor my ferry fee!
Then when we were about to buy ferry tickets, it rained heavily and there was even a brown out and I left my money in the city! It seemed like we were prohibited not to buy ferry tickets! hahaha!
At first, I was hesitant because I thought I was spending too much since I was fresh my hongkong trip and it’s Mindanao and news from the tv show there were two bus bombings in Mindanao and a storm was coming that was predicted to pass through Davao! Also, I told myself before that never will I step foot in Mindanao but I was wrong! I was beyooooooooooond wrong!
Few more days before departure, did not want to expect anything! I was not even that excited! I refuse to be excited! I just want to be safe!
Few more hours and hell week’s almost over! Now, I am quite excited!
First stop, my house! It was fluid! I feel my parents like them and even manang Fe because they’re noisy and not maarte! I love my friends! Oh! And the struggle of preparing! See, I still have to go to SM to pay their(lore, glevee and kim) Smart Bro bill because it would be the last chance! I had the option to stay at Miagao and watch the lantern parade with them but I thought, I have lots to do plus Youth Club food sale will happen on Sunday which I have to prepare because I will be in CDO! Anyway, ugh! It was around 7pm so there are few jeepneys! A good-hearted jeepney driver offered a free ride near supermart mandurriao because there are more jeepneys there but still no luck for me! I waited and waited then thank God there are two ladies who came and waited for the same jeepney! YES, ILOILO IS NOT A NIGHT CITY!!!! Then we finally got a jeepney! I was bothered of finding a jeep going home! hahaha! Anyway, off to SM then successfully paid! My plan was to go to Robinsons because I thought they will be waiting there! While I was in the jeep to Robinsons, Glevee called and said they were in molo! Good thing, the jeep was still at the diversion road so I got down! Now, another jeepney ride struggle to molo! I had to walk a long way to get a jeepney! In the end, saw them near molo supermart and I got tired of waiting for jeepneys so we took a taxi!
So now we’re home! Back to while they were resting and while glevee and kim watches ENOUGH, I was fixing my things both for travel and for my things here at home! I did not know what to pack so I almost packed everything! Then it was 12 midnight, off we go to the ferry terminal but it has been a long time since papa rode a boat and the terminal settings changed! It took us almost an hour to roam around and find the 2GO terminal which was in Fort San Pedro! All the while we thought it was in Lapuz!
Everything then was smooth flowing! There was no stress!
In the ferry first problem rose when a man was already in one of our destined areas! Good thing manong was a nice person and easy to go with! He was bisaya and we joked around with him! He became our friend! He was later then placed in a different cabin.
OH GOSH! I can’t tell you how many gwapo people I saw the moment I stepped on that ferry! There were interns and there were workers!
I did not know about those LINEN things until they told me so Lorejane, Kim and I went to get the linen! It was fun when the somehow gwapo manong asked us “tourist ka?” hahahaha we were surprised and backfired it with jokes like “t pano na b, pwede man na nga, native ka?” hahahahaha Oh my stomach hurt that time just pure laughter!
Then back to the cabin, we sleeeeeeept til breakfast was ready!
Now, we’re lining to get breakfast! The line was long when one two interns asked us if we wanted to upgrade our breakfast for 50 pesos so we said yes and we’re out of the line! We went to the café then BOOOOOOOOM shoot one worker is soooooooooo gwapo we literally stopped!!! The food and ambiance was nice! Back to the cabin! The cabin was good for 12 so there were 7 other people and a cute toddler boy. Anyway we slept again until it was breakfast and the line was short then we did not know what to do, we had videoke which was near the café! The rule was to buy 3 canned beers or 5 canned sodas for an unlimited videoke which woul cost around 200 pesos per person! It was expensive but thank God for Lore’s charm and our support, we bought 6 canned sodas and everyone got to sing! Kim bought two sodas! I can tell manong had fun talking to us! Then at around 4pm, there was a videoke contest outside and we got to see some of our UPV friends! One was a contestant but she did not win. Two old guys won!
Then we all went to the uppermost part of the ferry, the one which was open then we played ninja and the falling-falling! Oh gosh we looked like kids around those gwapo people! hahahahaha
Then good thing our cabin was situated near the exit so while waiting for the gates to open, I leanred Bisaya and we were all laughing because when I asked what is help they said it was nalipay so when I say help me I am drowning it would be like nalunod ko nalipay ko! hahahhaha! I know that was wrong hahahahaha! Even the people around heard us! Then hello CDO! The workers in yellow waved at us when we went down!
Everything was fine when…”asa mo?” “250.” “taxi..taxi.” Drivers swarmed us asking where to go and offered us rides but we all refused! It was night time and people were quite stressed! I was out of words! This was nothing in my list! Even CDO people were surprised! Then we walked a little further then saw a taxi and a man went down from the taxi who was working in the pier getting taxi but we did not know until he asked money! He was unsatisfied and knocked on our doors but good thing manong driver kept on driving! Oh finally we’re at Kristy’s’! I was at-home then! usually, I fart a lot in a new place but then, it felt like home! Lorejane did not go with us. She went to their house. Then the food was like fiesta! I loved the spaghetti! Tita and tito were so young and very accommodating! We also met Mareal, kristy’s younger sister who is so beautiful with her tall nose and defined eyebrows! Also we met two spoiled cats, Haruchan and Kurakuchi! hahahaha!
While eating, kristy’’s dad saw kim’s shirt and said something about pepper! Oh gosh! Her dad is so smart! He seventh placed the civil engr. boad exam! I also saw that kristys parents were into herbalife! hahahaha!
Then tita showed her powers as she transferred kristy and mareal’s room to accommodate us! The room was so girly and cozy! Oh I had a great sleep!
The next day, it was Sunday! We’re off to the Divine Mercy shrine! Kristy’s dad drove us! We met Pabu (lorejane) in the terminal and we even practiced how to sit so we can fit in their mini hummer car! hahahaha!
Pabu and Kristy told us CDeO can be very hot! They were not wrong! The scorching heat of the sun as we went to the shrine! There we bought candle wherein each color has a meaning and borrow those long skirts! Glevee seemed color coded in hers! hahahaha! The church at the top was beautiful! It was the most beautiful church I have seen!
Then we went mall hopping and met up with John Ed, our former classmate in Centrio Chowking were we had lunch! John Ed was then persuaded to go with us at Claveria! The mall reminded me of trinoma in manila but then we decided to go to Gaisano because there are better things there! OH MY! Never had I seen so many people in a mall! Then pabu received a call from her ankol that he was also in Gaisano so she figured we can go with him to Claveria! Then we met ankol Ernie! Then pabu said her mom and siblings were also there! Seems like a mini reunion! hahahahaha! We met them at the men’s area together with pabu’s mom, younger sister and elder brother! I also saw a penny skateboard there! Gosh, I love CDeO!
Then we went to LimKetKai which was a mall complex, a jeepney away! It was a nice mall! We roam around then at around 3-4pm we (lore, kim, glevee, kristy, john ed) were fetched by ankol ernie and his co-workers in LimKetKai in a multicab!
Oh gosh I was grateful for that multicab! I actually hate air-conditioned vehicles! It makes me dizzy! I think I got it from my lolo!
Anyway, on the way to Claveria was beautiful! The sceneries, the temperature oh gosssssssssssssh!
I can truly tell it seemed like a place to be full of different places!
We reached Claveria and passed by MOSCAT! Then I realized, Misamis Oriental is different from CDeO! WOW! We had pictures and went down from the multicab to have short stroll! It was pretty cold! I love it there!
Then we arrived at pabu’s place! Pabu has been telling us not to keep quiet and I can tell her family is very energetic! There we met the lovely lola and hardworking lolo! We also met caring auntie Joy and the obedient bestfriend of mine Nino plus the fun kids Jon-Jon and Jason and also one of Lore’s pretty cousin!
Lolo welcomed us with kamote and coffee! I like the purple kamote! It was fresh from their harvest! We ate and talked to lolo of their love story while Lore and Glevee went to buy something! THEY ARE SO MUCH FUUUUUUN!
For day one, we just stayed at home and bonded with the family! As the night starts, the temperature gets colder!
Glevee and I were woken up by the pig’s squeal! They were preparing a lechon as a thanksgiving since pabu’s older brother Leonar just passed the Chemical Engineering board exam!
At around 5 or 6 am, we went to ride the KARMATAW!!!!!!!!!!!! it was my first time!!!! I enjoyed it!!! Lolo borrowed the karmataw from a friend. We rode together with pabu’’s cousin and Jason to the fields! There, we went down, passed by the fields going down to auntie judith’s place! I thought I can never have the chance of passing by the fields! I’m glad we did it! We then washed our feet at aunti Judith’s.
Then we went back to the house using the karmataw. We bonded with Jason and Jon-Jon and we finally got along very well! They’re sooooooo cuuuuuute!
Then Lore’s siblings Liezl, loui and kuya Leonar arrived! The plan was to go to the cold spring!!!
But then Lore has another plan! I never rode a motorcycle! I once tried back riding on papa here in Iloilo but I immediately went down! I was efffffiiiiin afraid and I can still remember my feelings then and typing this now makes me nervous the same way I did! I don’t know why but I think because I was a man-hater and I refused to back ride on any guy and also because I am scared of a carousel upto now! The most recent time I rode a carousel was four years ago in Enchanted Kingdom and my fingers were sweating! I am still afraid!
So now Lore told kuya Leonar to stand the motor and let me practice back ride! Kuya was game enough! Oh gosh! The shame of not yet riding a motorcycle! My knees were weakening! I want to conquer my fear! I had to! Lore demonstrated to me then I followed! OH SHOOT! REALLY SHOOT! I was so bunjing! hahahha! I screamed while practicing even if the motor was still! Finally I did it and Kuya Leonar somehow moved the motor, I screamed again! Tricky kuya! I finally got off! OH GOSH! I DID IT! Oh and the whole family was looking -_- haha!
Anyway, we were so ready for the coldspring! Then on the way, the multicab’s tire was flat! We had to stop and wait! While we wait, we saw a toddler riding a horse like a pro! We stopped over in front a school! Then a truck which was used to deliver crops fetched us! We were the crops! hahahaha! It was FUN! Then we arrived at the cold spring! It was pretty cold but I misssssssed swimming so much I never went out the spring only when it is for a jumpshot! I LOVED IT! Then I taugh glevee and Liezl some swimming tricks, just some! hahahaha! Some parts were deep! I love it even more! Then we had jumpshots and glevee saw nino had abs! It was so funny and they asked kuya leonar if he has then said he has AB hahahahaha! Then pabu asked me to do a headstand and I was soaked wet so okay fine! First I was scared because I’m heavy with water and it might be slippery but I did it to the point I even had bruises on my fingers but it was okay! We stayed ‘til around lunch time. I loooooooove it there!
Then it was off for lunch! Congratulations kuya Leonar! I like how simple the gathering was but everyone was full and happy! Afterwhich, we chilled and slept and some videoke! Oh gosh, their family is so energetic! I slept in the room! I was tired  Then we went play billiards! First try and I made a hole! Three teams were used! Nino and Loui were like pros! We did not end the game because it was dark so we went back. We then watched a movie the ASSASIN something hahaha and ate dinner! Afterwhich we chilled in the room! We were laughing then Kristy’s asthma came! Lore and glevee went out and bought medicine! Then we slept! I knew were laughing that night because the next day goodbyes will break our hearts! I MISS THEM ALREADY!
We had to go to CDeO so early since we’re going rafting! We together with Liezl, Loui and kuya Leonar rode the jeepney at 2:30am!! We had breakfast number 1 there! And it was actually the wrong jeepney but oh well! hahahahaha! It was my first time to ride that early and see that the crops occupy more than half of the jeep! It was full and I had to sit on an extension! There was a mini stopover in Villa or Villanueva and I went down the jeep, it was cold and my legs need to stretch! For the first time I saw what friction did to the jeepney’s tired as kuya Leonar told me. The jeepney was going fast at a rocky area!
Then we said goodbye to pabu’s siblings near the terminal. Then we took a motorela then a taxi! As we saw the lights in the municipal hall, we stopped the taxi and took pictures! hahahahah! TOURIST FEELS!
Then we had breakfast number 2 at Kristy’s then slept a little as we get ready for the rafting which was of courtesy by Kristys parents! THANK YOU!
Off to the rafting! We met ate Zane who was in a solo travel, ate agnes and kuya Bert who were a couple! Also we met kuya Ruben and kuya photographer, I forgot his name! THEY WERE FUN! We went to the makahambus cave which was a request by ate zane while we waited for the other 18 people! They passed by us and did not go to the cave! We were separated in two groups. I was grouped with Lore, ate agnes and kuya bert while glevee, kim, kristy and ate zane were a different group! My group fell in the rapids and I thought I would die but then I just had to relax hahahahaha!
Then we had somehow cliff jumps! SO proud I did a split!
Later on, the other group did their back dives! We then figured they were from UP Diliman and one of the is the son of Lacson, not sure which one! IT WASS FUUUUUUN and I am sooooo proud of my friends for conquering and surviving the rapids! I used to think that they’re not that adventurous like me but they did it! SO PROOOOOOUD!
Then we went home and left our baon which were Red Ribbon food to the very nice crew!
Lore went home to get her things because we were off to Davao! We ate and rested a little while we waited for Kristy’s mom. The CD of the rafting has been in replay! hahahaha! The thing was were not sure of upto what time and how many hours the bus will be but we took the risk! Now, via taxi, we’re off to the terminal!
I HATE THE BUS RIDE because it was 19 degrees Celsius and I was wear shorts and had to jacket! I was not prepared so fine I took the bolero I brought! I was the only one who did not have a seatmate but we made sure it was a 2-1-2 sitting pattern! I was window side and a guy was next to me! Of course my utility knife was always ready! HAHAHA! We had stopovers and a girl replaced the guy! later did I realize it was a very unsafe bus picking up passengers along the way! The bus ride was the most feared part for me because there had been bombings but we were fine! Now we were in Davao and transfer to Tagum by another bus! I had to buy coffee again to stay warm and awake! I hade so many coffee and one unfinished! The next bus was warmer! We were so sleepy! I was woken up by a commotion! two guys who seemed drunk were debating to the conductor and the bus had stops to the point they went down the police station but went back again! The two guys and us had the same end point! They went down first and hit the conductor. The conductor stepped on my foot then they ran! Now, we’re at Glevee’s! We rested a little, ate breakfast and rested again! It was the most tiring part! We all lost our voices!
Then we were woken up by Gian, Glevee’s friend together with Nyo Nyo the Burmese-Australian friend! Jennyboy was also there! We then went to the Energy park and biked! kim was somehow knew and glevee was taught by her dad for the first time! It was relaxing! Then we went mall hopping and did 4D then went to the city for the night market as we ate street food and some bought in the market! We then went home as we ate dinner! The next day, we were supposed to go samba de gallo but were so tired! We woke up, ate breakfast and hired a van to Davao! We had lunch at Ineng’s barbecue in a mall where the waiter has a smiling face and we teased Gian to him! hahahaha! We went to the Eden Garden where we skycyle and zipline! It was fun! I was a little scared of the what ifs in the skycycle but it was fine! As I zipline, a helicopter came! Sam Pinto, a celebrity was there and those who were done with the zipline saw her! Then we ate in the café! Then we were supposed to go to the crocodile farm but the entrance was expensive! So we went to SM Lanang! It was a huge mall! All malls in tagum and Davao were nice especially their Gaisano malls! After that we went back to Tagum and ate barbecue in the street market for dinner! We even passed by MacDonald’s for drive thru! hahahaha!
The day has to end, we slept so long and had make up sessions the next day before we leave! this is so sad!  Then we went to Gaisano for a last minute stroll! It was a struggle depositing our baggage since the counters are full but we ended up in the grocery! Glevee had the number and as we were about to leave we joked throwing the number and never leave! hahahaha! We had to say goodbye to Glevee in Gaisano!
Then we’re off to Davao! Oh gosh! Kim did not know how handsome her seatmate was! hahahahaha!
We rode a non-stop bus which was a lot safer and a lot warmer! I bought a jack in Tagum just in case!
Then we arrived in CDeO. Pabu separated with us. We went to Kristy’s as we slept a little and woke to lunch! After lunch, we went to Cogon to meet up with Pabu again to get Kim’s Perrys! Thank you perry’s! hahahahaha! Then it was good bye for Pabu! Two down, three to go! We wanted to watch the hobbit 3 but the cinema in LimKetKai was under construction and the one in Centrio was full so we ended in Gaisano! I got so emotional visiting the same old places but no more Pabu and Glevee and John Ed!  Then I can’ keep up with the cold cinema and somehow gory film, I went out and did a little stroll and realized how blessed I was and how much I will miss everything!
We went back around 8pm and ate dinner! Our trip was 11pm. We arrived at the pier and the passengers were already up! It was the same ferry but different ambiance! My area had a conflict with another person but then it ended with me and kim having the same room with two other people who were a couple! Same boat! We saw the linen manong but was more serious hahaha probably because there are more people now! Then we saw the handsome worker! He room checked us! hahahahThis time I realized how gay they can be! hahahaha! It was just now Kim and I! We ate breakfast with no more upgrade nor videoke and stayed for lunch! It was different! A peaceful different to cope up with the energetic start! Then kim decided to go down to Iloilo and get a fastcraft to Bacolod! Mama and Papa fetched us as we brought kim to the Bacolod terminal! Now, we were all separated but united with one super duper ultra mega adventure story to tell!
I had a lot of realization during the travel and again I am beyooooooooooooond grateful! I like how simple, how I can be myself, how fun and how everything was as it is during the whole travel! I AM JUST BEYOND WORDS UPTO NOW! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOOOOOOOOU LOOORD!
Now, I am left to say I MISS PLACE but more importantly, I MISS THE PEOPLE! I MISS THEM ALL! GIMINGAW KO NA SILA!
and I swear…THIS WON’T BE THE LAST!
Soon enough, same people to be with, probably different places to be at and another adventure story to tell! 
THIS IS THE BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT EVER!



At the terminal waiting for the ferry----------Videoke at the ferry

The upgraded breakfast----------At the Divine Mercy Shrine
The most beautiful church for me----Meeting John Ed at Chowking


If only we were really stretched like this (in Gaisano)-------tourist feels at LimKetKai

A little stroll and picture at MOSCAT

Bonding with Lola, Jon-Jon and Jason in day 1Lolo and company making lechon


We had fun with Jason----Karmataw at the back---Lolo and the Karmataw

Series of pictures with Lola and Kuya Leonar and Liezl



At the back ride for vehicles carrying crops!----Failed jump shot at the cold spring
Selfie shot with lola!
Family shot! (Kim, Me, Lolo, Lola, Glevee and Kristy)-----best friend pic with Nino! hahahaha




At the office for water rafting-------At the makahambus cave (Kuya Bert, Ate Agnes, Me, Kim, Lore, Glevee, Kristy, Ate Zane)

                                  Doing half scorpion with ate Zane who is also into yoga!


Inside the Makahambus cave and the white river rafting

The adventure and group shots during the white water rafting!

They allowed us to carry the boat saying women empowerment! HAHAHA!


Witty Lorejane befriended the photographer and has lots of picture! He let us tried kayak!
At the E-Park in Tagum (Me, Gian, Jennyboy, Glevee, Kim, Lore, Kristy, Nyo Nyo)


The 4D---------Night picture with the lights in Tagum

Groupfie at Tagum and inside the van
At GAP Farm! OH PROMISE! <3 Friendship is a promise!

At Eden, Davao! :D

Skycycle and Zipline at Eden!

Our might and so buot manong/drive/owner of the van---crocodile farm entrance only


At SM LANANG, DAVAO!
It's a START OF SOMETHING NEW!



Comments